Author Topic: Trouble with Malwarebytes?  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Valeegurl

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
Trouble with Malwarebytes?
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »
I have used malwarebytes forever and loved it.....used it a couple weeks ago, and found trojans, rootkit virus, redirector.....all kinds of mayhem but when it fixed those problems, I lost all my programs files in my start menu and all desktop icons were hidden. I went to their site, and downloaded an unhide.exe program that was recommended to someone that had the same issue.  I ran the program and all icons are there and program files are back....however, they are empty. My pc is running good now but I have no system restore, sound. Ever heard of this before?   thanks.....

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Trouble with Malwarebytes?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »
I have used Malwarebytes for several years. I have used it on, literally, dozens of machines. The kids at school bring their computers to me for cleaning as do many of the staff. In some extreme cases there has been some loss of data or even a program. I really has nothing to do with Malwarebytes, it is a factor of the infecting agent which corrupts the files. I tend to run cleaner programs on my Windows computer about once a month. Most times it comes up with nothing, but every so often....
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline Valeegurl

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »
so what would you suggest I do at this point....get out the hammer?

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »
This is why I am such an advocate of Macs. If you have a serious infestation which apparently you did, you may have to rebuild your system. That or delete the gutted programs and reinstall them. I wish I had a better answer. The problem is with Windows which is a crappy OS.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline Valeegurl

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »
I don't like that answer......lmao

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
I wouldn't like that answer either, got another?  ~---~
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
I really wish there was a better one. I can rebuild my Mac, start to finish, in under two hours. A Windows machine takes me a couple of days to get everything set up the way it was. More and more I find less and less that I want to do on a Windows machine. Macs have something called Time Machine. You use it to back up your computer. It is completely simple. If you suffer a catastrophic failure, you reinstall the OS which takes about an hour, then use time machine to bring everything back to where it was, data, programs, everything. That takes an hour at the most. No drivers, no reinstalling programs from disks. Done.
Gitano

Offline Valeegurl

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »
just my luck..........

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »
Think of it as character building.  ;D
Gitano

Offline Valeegurl

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
Think of it as character building.  ;D

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA...... 8)

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
I love your avatar.
Gitano

Offline Valeegurl

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 07:30:49 PM »
thanks.... ;)