Author Topic: Red Dawn (1984) *****  (Read 1652 times)

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Red Dawn (1984) *****
« on: December 21, 2012, 08:33:13 AM »
I really enjoyed this film. I know I saw it back in the day, but I liked it a lot better this time than last. I suppose it is the fact that it is an openly patriotic film, something very rare in this day and age. The tenor of the time, 1984, was fraught with a good deal of concern about the Soviets and their allies in Cuba. An invasion by Soviet soldiers as described in the movie was not all that farfetched. Certainly, it was a lot more likely than an invasion by the starving North Koreans as depicted in the new version of the film.
Some of the film is a bit corny, but it is still a great film with some get up and cheer moments.
It is only going to be listed on Netflix until January 1st, 2013, so if you haven't seen it put it in your queue and watch it before then. You won't be disappointed.
 $$@&% $$@&% $$@&% $$@&% $$@&%
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark