Author Topic: Riddick **  (Read 1187 times)

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Riddick **
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:34:56 AM »
It has been a while since I have written a review. This isn't because I didn't want to write reviews. It was due to the simple lack of anything I consider worthy of watching, much less reviewing. Riddick was not a good one with which to restart my efforts.
The first DVD I ever owned was Pitch Black. When I bought it I didn't even own a DVD player. I did have DVD/CD Burner, that is a CD burner that allowed you to watch DVDs in my computer and enough RAM to do so.
Pitch Black was actually a decent movie. It had all of the classic elements of horror and good special effects. The cast was good with several people who went on to do some memorable roles in TV and movies. It was probably the high point of Vin Diesel's career. I haven't seen him in anything nearly as good since then.
Riddick is the second sequel in the Riddick series which should have never become a series. It is unremarkable as a script with nothing particularly creative or even new. The characters are off the shelf, stock characters in modern Sci-Fi genre. The narration provided by Diesel is melodramatic at best. What is, perhaps, most disappointing is the special effects. There is one scene which exemplifies this deficit perfectly. Diesel and a couple of others are mounted on what appear to be combination hover craft/motorcycles speeding along the surface of a planet. The background is so poorly drawn that they could have just left the blue screen up and it would have been less distracting. In a time when that level of technology has been perfected, you would think that they could have at least gotten that right.
I am not going to bother with the rest of it. It is garbage just as just about everything else in the last months as been.
Fortunately, there is NetFlix and Amazon Prime and a host of great stuff being produced for the small screen because Hollywood is doing to movies what Obama is doing to foreign policy and healthcare.

$$@&% $$@&%
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark