Author Topic: Network Magic Uninstall Problems  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Network Magic Uninstall Problems
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:18:35 AM »
I've been using Network Magic as my software to manage my network at home for at least the past 10 years but now I am trying to reinstall it but can't because it keeps saying I already have the newest version installed even after I uninstalled it. I've looked for some kind of software that would clean all the NM remnants but so far I can't find anything.
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Network Magic Uninstall Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:24:48 AM »
I have experienced that problem with Ghost in the past. You have to go into the registries, software section and eliminate all instances of that software. It takes a gentle touch, but i have done it on a number of occasions without a problem. you use Regedit in the Run window to get in there.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:58:42 PM »
OK, I found this in the software under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Pure Networks is Network Magic.

SO do I delete the whole Pure Network folder? I already made a backup of the registry.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:06:32 PM by Thumb »

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 05:58:47 AM »
Yes, get rid of anything having that title. That should allow you to reinstall. You might have to check other areas of the registries to be sure you got it all, but that should do it.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
I found a detailed step by step on how to get rid of everything and that was one of the steps. Was able to get rid of any sign of Network Magic and was able to reinstall it but after all that work, still can't activate it because Linksys turned off their activation servers.   {(0)}

I don't think that's right, I bought it and then they decide not to support it and turn everything off. Asswipes!