Author Topic: Bitten *****  (Read 839 times)

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Bitten *****
« on: May 25, 2014, 06:30:09 AM »
 Bitten's fourteen episode first season is now available on Netflix. The series first appeared on the SciFi network, and from what I was able to ascertain on Google, may or may not have a second season. The first couple of episodes barely caught me. However, I stayed with the series to the end, and enjoyed it. In fact, I watched the last four episodes last night, pretty much unable to wait and find out how it would end.
The leading player is the extremely lovely and quite talented Laura Vandervoort. She is in real life a skilled martial artist, so she does a lot of her stunt work in fight scenes.
The story line is a somewhat derivative take on the werewolf myth. It combines elements we have seen in several of the most recent werewolf films along with a little bit of the Sookie Stackhouse vampire stuff. Laura is a member of a pack of werewolves who is attempting to return to a normal life outside of the pack. Her pre-pack life was filled with instability and the maturity gained in the stabilty of the pack as led her to seek something more. However, she is drawn back by and attack made on pack members by the "mutt" community, unattached werewolves.
The whole thing sounds a touch silly, but when you get into the series and its various characters, it is far more compelling. I do hope that they do another season if for no  other reason than to watch Laura Vandervoort in action. ;D
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
Re: Bitten *****
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 03:11:21 PM »
The series was so so, but Laura Vandervoort is very nice to look at.
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 05:37:10 AM »
I agree that the series is certainly not good enough to stimulate me to look at the books it is based on, but the final episodes of the first season did maintain a high level of tension which made it very enjoyable. I think we can definitely agree on Laura Vandervoort.
I am also tending to compare it to the NetFlix series that involved werewolves, Hemlock Grove, that was totally awful. By those standards, Bitten is pretty damn good.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:39:13 AM by gitano1 »
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 06:30:26 AM »
Decided to take a look at this one since you all gave it a thumbs up and that most of my shows have ended for this season, not bad at all.

My brain is full. Can I go home now