Author Topic: I Hide In Plain Sight  (Read 442 times)

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
I Hide In Plain Sight
« on: July 07, 2014, 05:04:43 PM »
I Hide in Plain Sight

At a very young age, a family friend and teacher told me that I was antisocial. I replied to her, “I am not antisocial, I just do not like most people.” You see to me not liking most people does not make one antisocial, hating most people or not liking all people makes one antisocial. Some would call all those differentiations, nothing more than distinctions without a difference. They would be wrong, but I must admit there is a slight chance that I may be wrong.

From a very young age I have had a major problem. No not the antisocial thing, the everybody wants to be my friend problem. I never have and never will understand it. When I was young, adults were always putting me in charge of other children, which annoyed me to no end. For those times when we were left to our own behavioral proclivities, so to speak, I could never successfully isolate myself from others. They were always bothering me trying to be my friend. Which is a problem if you find most people inane. I am sure they are not inane by their standards, but hey they should at least consider the source.

There is a subset of people who I like, I really really like, almost to the point of worship. Those people being highly intelligent people. The problem there is, that when viewed from a point of reality, there really are not that many truly intelligent people out there. At least ones that want to talk to me. So I developed habits which were closely associated with antisocial people. But now thanks to the wonders of cellphones my people avoiding behavior has become fashionable.

Like so many normal social craving people, I can now sit in the middle of a crowded room for hours without speaking or having people speak to me. Yes! I can now hide in plain sight. Oh, the joy of such a small thing as the cellphone, my cloak of invisibility, my cone of lovely silence. With that little device on full charge I can literally amuse myself and repel the great unwashed masses for hours without even the tinge of guilt or more importantly the uninvited prattling of others. No more stigma to come from being in your own private little world, while in public.  

So to all you people who can not live without your Facebook, Twitter or whatever new social app which requires you to be glued to your cellphone every waking moment of the day. I say thanks a thousand times over. For myself and many like me who only want to be left alone when in public.

By B. Bell
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:36:32 PM by bbell »
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad.