Author Topic: In Life....  (Read 696 times)

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
In Life....
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:17:32 AM »

Or if you prefer

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:48:33 PM by bbell »
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: In Life....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:44:17 AM »
I have always consdered the slaughter of baby seals a disgusting behavior. The reason for it, like the reason for the drug trade in Mexico and elsewhere, is people who buy the product. If there is a market someone will meet the need. Not having television as such, and tending to avoid print magazines, I haven't seen the XX commercials, though I am aware of the character. I seriously doubt that anyone used that image in a commercial. it is as ugly and exploitive as act of killing baby seals with a bat. Obviously, someone thought it was amusing and photoshopped it.
If you are trying to make a point, BBELL, it can only be that poor taste is, as it always has been, present in a certain element of our culture.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
Re: In Life....
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:29:32 AM »
Frank Underwood would have deciphered the memes in 2 seconds because as he stated in season one.

“For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: hunt or be hunted.” God I hate that character.

I had a long explanation. Short version. They are metaphors. The 1st one represents the arbitrary nature of fate.

Sometimes your the victim. Sometimes your the tool. Sometimes your the one with the power over life and death.

The second one represents the more deliberate choice of determining your own fate. In other words...."Danny be the "Ball"

Be the Victim. Be the Tool. Be the Man with the power over Life and Death.

After watching the 8th episode of season 2 of House of Cards, I called it quits on that show. Because there was not a decent character on that show. That along with the events of the past few weeks started me down the path of trying to come up with a commentary to sum up my perceptions of the past few weeks. The Gaza strip controversy crystallized the commentary.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:50:46 AM by bbell »
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad.