Author Topic: Win 8.1 Update & Shutdown.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Win 8.1 Update & Shutdown.
« on: July 05, 2015, 07:19:40 AM »
Since I got my new machine I have been busy installing and moving files from my old computer. Last night I went to shut down and instead of the shutdown button it was replaced with an Update & shutdown button so I clicked on it. Got up this morning and the computer was still on and just a small circle of dots were on the black screen. I don't know if it's still updating or stuck. It's been updating now for over 7 hours.

Is this a normal update time?
My brain is full. Can I go home now Hosted on Fotki

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Win 8.1 Update & Shutdown.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 07:48:35 AM »
I  would seriously doubt that. I would Ctrl/ALt/Delete it and see whether it will reboot. The longest download I have had on my Win 7 machine took about 1/2 hour and that with a much slower internet connection than you have. That update involved dozens of updates. 8.1 hasn't been out long enough to have accumulated that many.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Re: Win 8.1 Update & Shutdown.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 08:28:06 AM »
Just got off of chat with a MS tech and he said to wait it out a little more. We're going to the movies and if it still hasn't shut down I'll try it.
My brain is full. Can I go home now Hosted on Fotki