Author Topic: Hey Mr. 2013 Excel Pro!!!  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Hey Mr. 2013 Excel Pro!!!
« on: August 08, 2015, 04:57:52 PM »
gitano1, since upgrading to Windows 10 I could not install my old version of Office 2003 so I was using Open Office instead which sort of worked out OK but was having some compatibility problems opening
some of my old files. So I decided to go ahead and buy Office 2013. To my surprise it would open all of my Open Office files(spreadsheets) with no problems and also save them with the same extension .ods.

Now I want to re-save my O.O .ods files but using the new Office 2013 Excel .xlsx extension just for the fact of keeping my files up to date and knowing which ones will work with 2013.

Here's the question, if I open a O.O .ods file in the new Office 2013 Excel, what format should I choose when saving it? I tried a few of the ones available but got a incompatible warning that some of the cells were not compatible and might not work.
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Hey Mr. 2013 Excel Pro!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:53:19 AM »
That wasn't covered in the course work I took. The compatibility thing was an issue even within the Office Suite itself between the Mac and PC versions. All you can do is experiment to see what works and what doesn't.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:59:39 AM »
I figured it out or at least found something that worked. Don't know if it's the correct way but it works for me.  ~---~
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 08:04:35 AM »
I really think that that is about the best anyone can do. ^^^
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark