Author Topic: Windows 10, printers, and new router  (Read 852 times)

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Windows 10, printers, and new router
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:38:29 PM »
Ran into another problem today after installing a new router so I could get the 60mbps+ speeds through the network. Setup was easy on the router but then the problems started with not being able to print to any 3 of my printers. Every time I tried to print some on either Windows 10 computer I got an "access denied" window. Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up deleting all the printers off of the two Win 10 computers and then one at a time added them back on and everything is working good now. Funny thing is that my Netbook that has Windows 7 on it did not have that problem, it was able to print to all of them.

Probably something to do with all that great security they think we need on our computers anymore. They(Microsoft) are starting to look like our government, making software that does everything so you don't even have to think any more and all that does is screw things up. Really, do I need software that will ask me 2 or 3 times when I want to delete or uninstall something 2 or 3 times if I am sure I want to do it? I wish there was an option to turn off all that crap! 
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
Re: Windows 10, printers, and new router
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:55:49 PM »
Amen to that. By the way have you checked the start up list under task manager and seen how many unnecessary internet of things that are now running under windows 10.
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Re: Windows 10, printers, and new router
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »
Oh yes but I'm afraid to uninstall thinking that Windows 10 has to have it there to run. I would say that about 80% of the apps/programs that 10 came with I'll never use or even know what the heck they do.
My brain is full. Can I go home now