Author Topic: Using Smart Switch  (Read 347 times)

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
Using Smart Switch
« on: June 28, 2016, 08:05:46 PM »
For many who use Android devices especially the Samsung models. They have an app called, smart switch, which allows you to transfer all your data from one phone to another via an usb cable. Now in order to do this you will need a special cable that has a micro connector(male) on both ends or a special connector that has an usb female on one end and a micro connector, male, on one end. You may or may not have these items lying around. If you do not, here are a couple of options.

1st. This one works 100% of the time. If you have any usb hubs lying around or even if you are using them. Just remove all devices then plug the data cables from each phone into an empty port and the phones will see each other inside of the smart switch app. Then the data can be transferred.

2nd. Is a little spottier in nature. If you have multiple usb ports on your laptop or computer that are side by side and of the both standard, 2.0 or 3.0. Then turn off the computer or laptop and plug the the phones in as suggested in method one. Given how, many, side by side usb ports are configured, you should be able transfer data. The operative phrase being, you should, because makers of computers have different means of constructing their computers.
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Using Smart Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:50:18 AM »
It is far easier with a iPhone. You simply back up your phone in iTunes. Plug the new phone into your Mac and load the back up into the new phone. The whole process takes about 15 minutes. You can also use iCloud to back up and transfer all of your files from phone to phone wirelessly, though that takes longer depending on your WIFi speed.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 12:33:16 PM »
All those features you mentioned are also available with android devices. The smart switch app actually copies the settings you have on your old phone more accurately with a wire transfer method, which is much quicker and thorough than using a computer transfer method or wifi / bluetooth. Like most phones now you can transfer data from any type of phone wireless or through the computer.

I'm actually kind of ticked off that I used it. Like all overreaching apps these days it did much more than I wanted. It opened my email Isp and downloaded all of my email contacts into my phone. If I had wanted them in my phone I would have put them in there. Marshmallow is worst than windows 10, when it comes to snooping into everything you do, and assuming you want it at your finger tips. Or stored somewhere, off your phone, vulnerable to some hackers prying eyes.
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »
No Question about the intrusiveness of the software. Privacy is a thing of the past.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark