Author Topic: Delete file or folder  (Read 217 times)

Offline Stickercat2

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
Delete file or folder
« on: August 05, 2016, 02:41:24 PM »
We bought a new computer with Win 10 on it.  I took the drive out of the old computer and installed it as a slave.  We are unable to delete files or folders off of the old drive.  We can copy a folder over to the new drive and delete the copy, but not the original off of the old drive.  I

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Delete file or folder
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 03:58:13 PM »
It sounds like you need to reformat that drive. Give it a new letter designation. If it was a primary drive in the old computer, it may not respond to the new one, hence reformat.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
Gitano may be on to something. It has been awhile since I bought new hard drives for a PC. But in the old days you had to set a jumper on the back of the drive to. Master or Slave and there was one other setting. Check and move the jumper to slave on the old drive.
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 04:17:24 PM »
Yes, it's been awhile but I remember setting the jumper. Maybe with the new computer OS's a drive letter change may do it.
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 06:43:04 PM »
That is absolutely correct. The jumpers have to be set as well. I have been spoiled by SATA drives. The OS on the old drive won't work, but you should have access to the files if the drive is set up as a slave.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark