Author Topic: Bluetooth usb adapter under Windows 10  (Read 243 times)

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
Bluetooth usb adapter under Windows 10
« on: August 31, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »
If you are trying to install a Bluetooth adapter under Windows 10. Just plug it in-- Under notification toggle on the Bluetooth-- Right click it and go to settings-- Then start to pair your devices. Forget about the useless WIDCOMM® Bluetooth software.

I bought a low end laptop that did not have Bluetooth, so I bought what is known as a Bluetooth adapter. The usb adapter worked well with windows 8. Sometime before I upgraded to windows 10, I lost my adapter. So about a month ago I bought a new one then another one, because another frustrating event with Windows 10, had begun.

To make a long story short, it seems as if one company is making these adapters for many brands. With the problem being the software will not install under Windows 10. After buying two different brands and over a month of googling for a solution to this problem. I had a bold idea. Just plug the thing in, and under the notification in Windows 10 toggle on the Bluetooth. Guess what-- it works!! You have to use the Windows 10 setup program to pair it with other devices, but that is, what you have Bluetooth for. Now I must admit that the software that comes with the device and the software from WIDCOMM, still will not load, so none of the things which the software would allow you to do with the adapter, you still can not do.
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline J in Chicago

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Bluetooth usb adapter under Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:11:08 PM »
Thankyou,
I'm just starting to setup my belles and whistles. ntw#
Running fast to stand still