Author Topic: Cutting the Cable Cord, need some advice  (Read 171 times)

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Cutting the Cable Cord, need some advice
« on: April 16, 2017, 07:52:05 PM »
Well, after years of paying Charter an incredible amount of money for years just to watch about 10 different channels we've decided to try out the streaming thing. I don't have a smart TV but we do have a smart box that can almost get any service out there. Thing is that going through these services I have found out that they are very deceiving. They say they have all these channels available and they do but a lot of those channels only have a few shows or movies on them. I started a free trial on Hulu and went to see what shows they had available and what do you know, only two different TV series are available and they are years old.

I already have Amazon Prime so I can watch a lot there but what other good choices are there? Anyone here an expert on what service is best without breaking the bank?
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Cutting the Cable Cord, need some advice
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 05:43:42 AM »
The only two I use are Amazon Prime and Netflix. I know that you got pissed off at Netflix when they raised their prices, but they have added a lot of their own series which are in many cases quite good, so the extra bucks are well spent. I found HuLu pretty useless, and none of the other streaming services have done it for me either.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Re: Cutting the Cable Cord, need some advice
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 06:35:10 AM »
We're trying Hulu right now with a free month and we already have Amazon Prime. Netflix was good but I watched everything I wanted to then they raised the price so of course I cancelled. It's been two tears or more now so maybe they have added more content.
My brain is full. Can I go home now