Author Topic: PC Build  (Read 326 times)

Offline jimfido62

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
PC Build
« on: October 23, 2016, 06:36:53 AM »
My son wants to build his own PC.  In our researching we noticed that AMD processors are half the cost of Intel processors.  Is AMD a quality product or should we stick with Intel.  Thanks.

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
Re: PC Build
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 03:10:10 PM »
I've always stuck with Intel because I've had better luck with them. I did have one computer with a AMD and it didn't last that long and I had multiple problems with it.
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline jimfido62

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:01:24 PM »
i researched online and found that AMD is a budget processor if you cant spend much.  We will stick with Intel.  Thanks.

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 06:54:07 PM »
A tip on building your own PC is to not skimp on the Power Supply which most of the time is what goes on a computer 9 times out of 10. With all the computers I have built I never put in anything less than a 750 watt power supply. Even more is better but I wouldn't go any more than 1000 watts unless you're build a super duper mainframe computer. Also on the power supply I like the modular ones because the cables unplug from the power supply also. Makes it a lot easier if the powers supply dies, you can just unplug the cables from the power supply and change it out instead of unplugging all the cables from everything else in the computer. Cost a little bit more but well worth it.

Offline jimfido62

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 06:25:14 AM »
Thanks,

I built my first PC about 3 years ago and I did use a modular 1000W power supply.  I remember Gitano talking about modular ones so that is what I went with.  My son has taken over my PC with the on-line games so I decided it is time for us to build him one.  We can buy one but there is no fun in that.  I want to keep the cost at around $1500 but will go to $2000 if we have to.  He wants a fast gaming computer.  I have an Intell i7 chip and a Nvidea Geforce GTX 670 graphics card in my PC and it works for him.  We are starting to research components now and will start purchasing closer to Christmas.  Any info for a gaming PC build will be accepted. Thanks.

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 07:05:59 AM »
Here's a link to the place where I bought my last computer(didn't have time to build one this time). I called them up and we went through everything I wanted and they built it up for me. The computer plays all the newest current games I have tried so far with no problems at all. Not saying to have them build it but you can look at the ones they have and see what's in them to give you an idea of what you need to get.

http://www.xidax.com/desktops?keyword=&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhbzABRDHw_i4q6fXoLIBEiQANZKGWw5hy3ioLIgpw6mYCFRIlXfp_bP5w11PFcCQuC2EZEcaAk7u8P8HAQ

Offline jimfido62

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 07:17:50 AM »
Thanks Thumb.  I will check it out.