Author Topic: login  (Read 2495 times)

jakeduck

login
« on: June 14, 2008, 12:04:18 PM »
Have had trouble logging in as of late. When i log in on IE/windows my pc freezes and i have to turn it off.
Just thought i would try on my Vista machine and it works.
Any help?

Offline Carolina Mike

• Chief Forum Janitor
  • Forum VIP.
Re: login
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »
Does it freeze up on every site that you have to log-in to.  Sounds like your computer is having a little problem.  Have you cleaned out the inside, re-seated the ram, checked the HD for registry problems, etc.
"Women do not sunbathe... They are doing a solar enhancement"

I will not answer a PM if I think the question should have been asked on the forum.

Offline NI4NI

• Addin' Clorox to the gene pool..
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:45:43 PM »
Is anyone else having a login problem?  I use Firefox and haven't seen this.  I know IE7 causes problems, I removed it and went back to IE6 on the other computers.

jakeduck

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 02:22:53 PM »
Does it freeze up on every site that you have to log-in to.  Sounds like your computer is having a little problem.  Have you cleaned out the inside, re-seated the ram, checked the HD for registry problems, etc.

Just here................no other problems. I am in and out of several forums everyday.

Just tried the email link from this notification and freeze........? Turned off norton. Actaully statred over a month ago just didn't have enough brains to try other pc .

Offline NI4NI

• Addin' Clorox to the gene pool..
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »
I just clicked on the notification button, no problem here. 

Offline Carolina Mike

• Chief Forum Janitor
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 04:26:14 PM »
Try a Registry Cleaner that is free like CCleaner:  http://www.ccleaner.com/download

If it is affecting only your computer then the problem is on your computer or it is a problem w/ the ISP

I will not answer a PM if I think the question should have been asked on the forum.

jakeduck

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 04:54:57 PM »
ran ccleaner didn't help plus now i am stuck with a yahoo tool bar.

Offline Carolina Mike

• Chief Forum Janitor
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »
Just right click the open space next to the Yahoo Toolbar and turn it off.  It will now go away.  You now need to look at IE 7 if that is what you are using as the culprit.  If you have not updated to SP3 then uninstall IE7 and see if IE6 has the log-in problem
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 05:43:12 AM by Carolina Mike »