Author Topic: Can only watch videos in Nero?  (Read 1686 times)

Quignocity

Can only watch videos in Nero?
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:28:01 PM »
Help!  I just came home from work and turned my machine on and I cannot watch some videos. The only program that seems to work is Nero Showtime which isn't a big problem but I can't watch streaming video that requires Windows Media Player.  I can watch .swf just fine and youtube seems to still work.  I've reinstalled graphics driver, media players, codecs(tried k-lite and indeo), lowered my resolution, disabled hardware acceleration, run spyware removal and antivirus, cleaned out temp files, and IE cache.  Nothing seems to work but here is a catch...DVD still works with Windows Media.  Anyone have any ideas?

Windows XP SP3
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3400 X 2 in Crossfire
Polaroid 19" HD WS LCD
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:44:06 PM by Quignocity »

Offline Carolina Mike

• Chief Forum Janitor
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Can only watch videos in Nero?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:23:56 AM »
What type of file extensions can not be played.  Some of the streamed data could be Quicktime or Real Player format
"Women do not sunbathe... They are doing a solar enhancement"

I will not answer a PM if I think the question should have been asked on the forum.

Offline NI4NI

• Addin' Clorox to the gene pool..
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Can only watch videos in Nero?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:50:35 AM »
I posted this in another thread, it might help you with this.

Go to "My Computer" right click on the CD or DVD drive and choose "Properties".  In the tab that says "Autoplay" you'll see a drop down box, in each of the options put a tick in the "Prompt me each time to choose an action".

Now can choose what you want to do.