Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook  (Read 3374 times)

Offline jimfido62

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
Microsoft Outlook
« on: October 01, 2008, 06:52:07 AM »
Hello everyone.  I need your expertise again.  When downloading my e-mails into Outlook some of the E-mails do not show the pictures from the website.  Instead it has the links I can click on to view the information.  I am thinking that it has something to do with an update and I tried looking for a setting to change but am unable to find it.  I use Firefox and my wife uses Explorer and we both are having this problem.  We both use AVG Free.  Windows firewall is turned off but the Linksys router firewall is on. This is not happening to all E-mails though but it has been happening for months and I am unable to solve the riddle.  Thanks for your help.

Offline NI4NI

• Addin' Clorox to the gene pool..
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Microsoft Outlook
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 07:02:43 AM »
Under "Tools"  "Options" and then"Security - what is checked?

Offline jimfido62

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:11:32 AM »
My security page does not look like yours.  The only item checked is "send clear text signed messages when sending signed messages"

Offline NI4NI

• Addin' Clorox to the gene pool..
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 07:28:51 AM »
That's probably because I misunderstood.  Mine is Outlook Express.  I use G-mail for email. 

Offline jimfido62

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 07:33:23 AM »
I went into "Tools"' "Macro", "Security" and set security to low.  I will see if this fixes it.  Thanks for your help NI4NI.

Offline jimfido62

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
I discovered that it is only on a select few e-mails.  3 of them have a link saying click here if having trouble viewing.  2 of them do not have this link.  I went to the web site to see if there was an e-mail preference for delivery but there is none for these sites.  I just delete them.  I am trying to solve this puzzle for my wife since she cares a lot more about e-mails than I do.  If i figure it out I will post the remedy.  Thanks again.