Author Topic: Sharks in Venice  (Read 1793 times)

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Sharks in Venice
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »
I am not going to write a review of this one. I turned it off after suffering through the first thirty minutes of it. The filming is amateurish with harsh colors that look like badly processed film or something other than Kodachrome. The acting is wooden. The scenes of sharks attacking, Great Whites would you believe, are spliced in between scenes shot somewhere else with dropping, disconnected legs, and red stuff clouding the water.
As far as I could tell there story was that a group of treasure hunters were seeking a hidden treasure that Marco Polo brought back to the Medicis (a name they consistently mispronounce) in the 1200s. The use of these two names who existed hundreds of year apart in Venice made the story, not just stupid, but completely idiotic. The few brief flashes of large shark fins cleaving the water in the canals of Venice being seen only by "our hero" was another conceit that was too much to bear.
I knew this one was either going to be a total waste or a surprisingly good film, but nothing in between. Unfortunately, it was the former. if you see it on the shelves of your favorite video store leave where it is. Even free it is overpriced. ))*^%$ ))*^%$ ))*^%$ ))*^%$ ))*^%$
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark