Author Topic: 16 x 9 Widesreen Monitor  (Read 2047 times)

roadrunner2455

16 x 9 Widesreen Monitor
« on: August 14, 2009, 06:44:01 AM »
Hey,hows everybody doing ?Have a quick question.When getting a widescreen monitor when you open page (such as MSN);is the whole page supposed tobeFilled Have GT video card only has 2 digital outputs on it.I bought a 20 " LG monitor w/ 1600 x 900 resoltion.My video card does pull in the max resoltion.But it is not a high def. video card.The monitor came w/ high def. cable plug but have no place to plug in on video card.Could only plug in the digital output.So if I had;say a 4850 ati hgh def video card would thatshow the whole page filled up,or doesn't that make a differnce ?T.I.A.                                 
                                                                                                                                      R.R. 2455

P.S.  Hve 9600 GE Force GT Video Card

Offline Carolina Mike

• Chief Forum Janitor
  • Forum VIP.
Re: 16 x 9 Widesreen Monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:51:04 AM »
RR,
The page should fit w/in your browser so the whole page should be visible side to side but not up and down.  Some threads and stories are too long to display up and down so you just scroll to where you want to be.  It really should not make a difference but the ATI card would help if you want to watch Blu-Ray Movies.  Since you have the 9600 card try that first unless you just want Hi-Def
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:55:27 AM by Carolina Mike »
"Women do not sunbathe... They are doing a solar enhancement"

I will not answer a PM if I think the question should have been asked on the forum.

roadrunner2455

Re: 16 x 9 Widesreen Monitor
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »
Did some more investigtaing on card I have and it is high def.The strange thing that happened at first it would only pull 1200 x 900 res.Then after rebooting and playing a game it all of a suddenly kicked in.It was pulling the 1600 x 900 as it should have.Then updated drivers for 9600 GT nvidia card and it seems to be doing great.And then found out that some web sites just don't code there sites to have picture fill entire screen.MSN is one of them.But I would say most of the sites I go to fill the whole screen with what ever is on it.Thanks for your help.

R.R. 2455