Author Topic: microsoft office 07  (Read 1673 times)

shipsw

microsoft office 07
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »
I am trying to delete office 07 mainly outlook, I am running vista. When I remove via add/remove programs everything seems to be fine. When I then reinstall all my contacts, calendar events etc return as if I never deleted. I used Revo uninstaller once and the same outcome.
How can I delete everything and start fresh?

thanks

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: microsoft office 07
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
Your records in Outlook are stored separate from the utility itself.  They are stored as .pst files. If you do a search of your hard drive for those files you should be able to delete them and not have them reload the next time.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

shipsw

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »
what is the best way to search to ensure I delete them all?

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:50:40 AM »
I have used .pst files to transfer my addressbook and important correspondences from one computer to another. My experience is that you can be sure if you get a .pst file it is the only one on your machine. This is the normal path:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

shipsw

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »
I looked at both my vista computer and neither one have any folder local- application data.

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:01 PM »
That is very strange since that is the normal file system in XP, Vista, and 7. 
Try this guy's solution for finding the files:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/24/how-to-find-and-locate-outlook-personal-folders-pst-files-folder-location/
Gitano