Author Topic: how do I change file type  (Read 1543 times)

Offline earthlady

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
how do I change file type
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »
My audio files are presently ATI files. That one of my audio visual  programs.  It must be set as default as audio file player instead of Windows Media player. How do I change it??? I tried "options"
 I dont see a way to change the present file types.
but  it still showing my tracks as ATI instead of wm type????
 I think that is the reason my Sansa  mp 3 player is not seeing it
I defintely dont want to    UNininstall    my ATI program cause it took me years to get the program and all the cables.
Now this is on just one of my puters. I know I can use another puter but I had rather not.
Please advise.
 Thank yall
Jean
dust bunnies are my  ONLY pets and now new pet to chase them LOL

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: how do I change file type
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:44:34 PM »
Jean, if the files are MP3s there should be no problem. I sounds like when you converted them with the ATI program that you didn't set the output file format. I know you don't want to hear this, but you may have to go back and run your CDs through the program again making sure that the output is MP3.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline earthlady

• FORUM VIP
  • Forum VIP.
Re: how do I change file type
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »
Gitano      or anyone else that wants to comment

well I went to the my     older WM window  program screen  and under...... tools.... I believe ......made it  the default. Now the files  have the WM logo and calls them Mp3.

The problem ,is it is not showing the tracks I renamed on my Big Destop computer. on my Sansa
     It is showing the folders as CD2 etc I dont even see cd1.
What I did ,I renamed each INDIVIDUAL  track in each folder starting with cd2, like you suggested.  So  The whole  file  from track 1 to almost 200  tracks.  I titled the audiobook file  " whole book"   with almost 200 tracks. That took quite a while to rename each track on the rest of the 8 of the 9cds. I copied and pasted each set of tracks after I renamed the whole cd folder. One cd at a time.
    It is calling those books  audio books    "unknown". I even put a jpeg of each cover of  TD@ bmp1the book in its individual "complete book file"
 They (jpegs) are showing up under "photo" instead of with the audio book on my Sansa player.
  In other words they arent acting like Real audio books I downloaded from the web. They are still on my Sansa mp3 player with the little jpeg of the book cover. under "photos" on My Sansa player.
  So in otherwords I deleted what I put on My Sansa player the two audiobooks .I converted with Free RIP.
I  copied and pasted them again / Nothing changed
   I probably need to copy all 9 cds to one cd and try again But I have a feeling nothing will change
 This is aggravating.
 When I originally Ripped them I guess I should not have titled anything in the  right hand side of the FreeRip program.
 Could it be that I have the old windows media player? Im not sure if I reloaded my  original version  WMP from  a 2002 Xp or if I loaded a newer cd Xp I bought several years later. Course I use separate Key numbers. Cause I have the  TWO real Xp window Upgrades CD I bought.
 It is just so aggravating. I spent days doing this off and on. It was too purdy outside Sunday and Monday to be aggravated with Computers. LOL
   Computers   love them and hate them. LOL    bmp1 bmp1 bmp1
Thanks Guys
Jean
dust bunnies are my  ONLY pets and now new pet to chase them LOL