Author Topic: Office 2007 pt. 2  (Read 3813 times)

Terry

Office 2007 pt. 2
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »
Well here we go again.  We will all remember a few years back that Microsoft started using pop-ups to tell people that their Windows program was not genuine.  And we Had to buy a legal one for ???? to have a real one.  And like everyone else I took their word and assumed that they knew what they were talking about and ran right out and bought one.  No No I pay for one over the internet from them and downloaded it right to my computer.  Then I got to thinking, whose is saying this ?  We Microsoft of course.  Nobody else is saying a thing about it.  How do we know that they just didn't want to make some extra money ?  I just took their word for it and gave them my money.  I bought it from CompUSA.  Well now I am getting a pop-up saying that my Office 2007 is not genuine.  Well this time they are going to have to prove it in a Court of law.  I am just going to buy another program just because they say so.  So there !!!!!!!!!     Thanks for letting me vent !  Sorry bout that !  I feel better now !

Offline NI4NI

• Addin' Clorox to the gene pool..
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Office 2007 pt. 2
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:15:17 PM »
I was getting the same warning on my wife's laptop.  I just removed MS Office and installed Open Office.

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »
They actually put out an update to Win 7 that when you download it calls the mothership to verify your license. it is (KB971033) Check your list of Win updates. If you have downloaded this one you can remove it without any negative impact.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline NI4NI

• Addin' Clorox to the gene pool..
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 05:26:50 AM »
That's excellent advice. Thanks Big G!

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:39:51 AM »
No problem. I am always happy for an opportunity to defeat the Borg. ;D
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Terry

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:03:48 PM »
OK I have a Win XP pro, service pack 3.  If I have this update I will find it in my add/remove file, correct ?  If that is true it is not there.

Anymore sugestions,
Terry 

Terry

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 01:09:14 PM »
Hey  look, I'm a " Forum VIP".  Wa hoooo !!!!! I'm somebody !  I'm somebody !!!!!

What do I get ?????

J in Chicago

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »
Hey  look, I'm a " Forum VIP".  Wa hoooo !!!!! I'm somebody !  I'm somebody !!!!!

What do I get ?????
A thumbs up count from me. ^^^

Terry

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »
 Bch!  Hey alright, thanks J !!!!!