Author Topic: Trouble in River City  (Read 1230 times)

Terry

Trouble in River City
« on: December 06, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »
Hi Guys,
This started about 5 days ago.  I was going to run my DVD Fab5, which I haven't run in about 7 months, and it wouldn't launch.  So I thought I better run a virus scan.  I ran Malwarebyes and it came back clean.  I started to run combofix and it said it could not run while Avg was installed on my computer because they don't play well together.  So I tried to remove AVG and it would not delete.  So I downloaded a AVG removal tool and removed AVG.  So I tried to run combofix again and it still wouldn't run.  Don't ask me why.  I deleted DVD Fab5 and tried to reinstall it and it still wouldn't launch.  I have run every virus scan I can think of and I get no where.

Anybody out there have any suggestions ?
Terry

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Trouble in River City
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »
Terry, you might have to uninstall and reinstall those programs. I sounds as though they have become corrupted. If everything else is running properly that is the only possibility I can come up with. I have run into the problem with Win 7 of certain programs suddenly not launching when they worked perfectly well a day or so before. I have never had that problem in Win XP, but it does happen, particularly over a period as long as 7 months. If the problem is more generalized you may have to do a total system reinstall, but I wouldn't worry about that yet. Try uninstalling the programs you are having problems with using Add and Remove Programs.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
Did you delete the program or did you uninstall it. If I were you I would uninstall dvd fab5. Then I would get something like c cleaner and clean the registry. After a restart I would then reinstall dvd fab5.
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Terry

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:07:10 AM »
OK Git
I have checked all my other programs and they are running OK.  At least they launch.

OK bbell,
Some programs come with a uninstall feature and some don't.  If they have one I use both, uninstall and add or remove, if not I just use "add or remove".  I have a registry cleaner.  I use that and see what happens.

Thanks of suggestions.  I will let you both know what happens.

Thanks,
Terry