Author Topic: Sony Laptop Model VGN-AR630E  (Read 1641 times)

roadrunner2455

Sony Laptop Model VGN-AR630E
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
Hello,

Would anybody know how to replace keyboard on Sony Laptop Model # VGN-AR630E ?They say they are supposed to be fairly simple but I have never done one.Any help would be appreciated.I have already purchased the keyboard,just have to get it in there.I googled it but could not find mine on there.Thanks

roadrunner2455

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: Sony Laptop Model VGN-AR630E
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
There is nothing online for that particular model. However this site: http://www.ifixit.com/Browse/Sony_Laptop has repair stuff for several models including a couple of the VGN models. I would suggest taking a look at their stuff and then seeing how your computer compares to the ones that they show. I have found that specific species of computers tend to be close in terms of how they are put together. Once your have exposed the hold keyboard it should be pretty easy to match positions to positions for wires etc. As a general rule, it aint rocket science.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

roadrunner2455

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 10:56:25 AM »
Thanks for the info Gitano.I went to notebook review back in December and asked them and figured I would never hear from again.Well I was searching for 3-4 mos. and ran back into that forum by mistake and they had anwser.Also link to manual for my pc.Then it had 7 x 7 pictures.They also told me what to do under the reply.I just didn't want to hack it.Dran things way to expensive for that.I appreciate the time you spent researching anwser. Once I had how exactly how to do it ,it took all of 5 min.All in having the right tools,in this case the anwser and manual were my tools.Thanks

roadrunner2455

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
Glad you got it done. Have you seen Nowhere Boy yet?
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

roadrunner2455

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »
No,I haven't,is it a good movie.You definitely sparked my interest being about John Lennon

roadrunner2455

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
I highly recommend it. It is historically correct. The performances are incredible, and the story is superb. I know you are a Beatle fan. You should not miss this one.
Gitano