Author Topic: What's a good printer for....  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
What's a good printer for....
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
The HP Deskjet 870 cse printer I've had for years is finally wearing out and I am thinking about getting a new printer but it has to be able to print on those paper CD Sleeves. I have about 4 other printers but none of them will accept that envelope.

Any of you know of a good printer that would do the job? I'm just concerned about printing black text so color isn't an issue although I don't know if they even make just a printer anymore that just prints black unless it is a laser and that would be too much and I already have 2 laser printers anyway.
My brain is full. Can I go home now

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
Re: What's a good printer for....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:49:24 AM »
Thumb: What do you mean they will not accept those envelopes. Is it a mechanical issue or software?
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:08:12 AM »
It's a mechanical issue. Either they will not accept it because it's too short or that they get caught up in the rollers. I don't know what the main reason is for sure because they will do normal letter envelopes.

Offline bbell

• Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 06:22:28 AM »
Okay. I have only used canon for years now. I have never printed on the envelopes for cd's. But I have printed on those little cards that come with cd jewel cases. I just adjust the paper guide to fit snugly.
You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad. 

Offline Thumb

• Global Moderator
  • Forum VIP.
    • Redfoots.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 06:33:14 AM »
I do have an old Cannon printer from many many years ago that I could get out but it's so old I don't even know that I can get ink for it any more. I could look.

Right now I got the HP to work again by taking it apart and cleaning everything(had tons of ink buildup in the spitoon(sp?) which was gumming up the printhead wipers.