Author Topic: system won't recognize AverMedia capture device  (Read 7047 times)

bonsoo

system won't recognize AverMedia capture device
« on: March 31, 2011, 10:48:53 AM »
Good day. Frustration level high here.

I purchased and installed an Aver Media HD PVR pci-e capture card, model# C027, part# MTVHDDVRR. Motherboard is Asus P7P55-E. Worked just fine in Windows XP. Upgraded to Windows 7 and the Aver Media software indicates it cannot detect a TV capture card. Changed slots, uninstalled and reinstalled driver software (multiple times) as per the user guide, but to no avail. Is there anything I should be looking for? For instance, if someone could tell me where this device should show up in Device Manager, I may be able to see if Windows automatically installs a generic driver and gives the card a generic name. Aver Media's tech support still hasn't got back to me, so I figure I'll do what I can in the meantime. Thanks

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
Re: system won't recognize AverMedia capture device
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »
Have you gone to the Aver Media website and checked to see if they have a new driver for Win 7. It is likely that the XP driver would not work with Win 7. Uninstalling and reinstalling the XP driver won't help.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

bonsoo

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
Yes, they have driver and software bundled together for Windows XP, Vista and 7, 32 and 64 bit versions, so it is the right driver

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »
If it was working with XP and nothing else has been changed other than the OS, the driver is the only likely candidate. I would go to their website and see if you can find a driver specifically designed for that product and OS. What came with the product may have been upgraded and modified since the original release.
Gitano
"Race has now replaced rule of law officially. In one speech our president has reversed 60 years of healing the racial divide and destroyed the dream of Dr. King. The result will be an exact reversal of the conditions existing before The Civil Rights Act. And the hardest hit will be the children in whose name the left always claims to act. Well done Obama". - Pendark

bonsoo

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 05:56:58 AM »
I have the latest driver for Win7 x64.  It appears the system recognizes it as an HD Audio Device and Windows automatically loads a generic driver.  After a full uninstall, when I reboot, Windows automatically loads the generic driver and I can't seem to cancel that action.  Any insights would be appreciated.

Offline gitano1

• Administrator
  • Forum VIP.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 07:05:16 AM »
It definitely appears then to be a driver problem that needs to be resolved by the manufacturer. This is the link to their support. They don't seem to have an active forum, but I would give this link a try and see if they have a solution: http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Support/ContactSupport.aspx
Gitano

bonsoo

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »
Much thanks.  That's what I figured, but thought I'd check here while I wait for a response from tech support.

cheers